Our resident Riding Instructor, Sharon Brennan has 30 years experience in teaching children, adults and advanced riders. She specialises in nervous beginners and being a mother of 4 loves teaching children. Having trained with Horse Safety Australia http://www.horsesafetyaustralia.com.au/, safety always comes first. We focus on how the horse perceives things. We also teach Holistic Horse Solutions through our online Certified Course http://holistichorsesolutions.com/.
- 2 Hour lesson 1 person $299 or 2 people $499
- 3 Hour lesson 1 person $399 2 people $599
Lessons include Horse Management Psychology Saddling Lunging Muscle
Therapy Hoof Trimming Safety Feeding Nutrition Ground Work and Riding skills
We have experienced school horses available for onsite lessons. Our horses are suitable for beginners to Advanced riders.
Lessons with your own horse are available onsite or at your own property, depending on suitable riding area and travel distance. Travel $100 per hour.
Lessons often vary according to the students needs, however initially we work on an understanding of basic communication with the horse with respect to stop, go and turn. You will be given exercises to improve your balance and confidence, in an understanding and fun environment. At times you may be offered the opportunity to join a trail ride! As you progress we will refine your communication skills and understanding of different training techniques, often from the point of view of the horse.
Who could profit from a lesson with us?
- A Nervous Adult who used to ride and wants to re-enjoy the experience of interacting with horses
- A young child who wants to learn to ride;
- An intermediate rider who wants to get their young horse started or increase their skill level on their horse or ours.
- We can also help with a horse that has unwanted habits and identify whether your horse is in pain or not and check your saddle fit.
What’s different about us??
- Horse Riding Tasmania is our official registered Business Name and we have been operating as a business since the year 2000.
- Sharon Brennan is the owner, manager and resident Instructor plus Trail Guide.
- Sharon works under the guidelines of Horse Safety Australia and is an executive committee member of Horse Safety Australia www.horsesafetyaustralia.com.au.
- Sharon has been coaching and teaching horse riding skills for 30 years. She has trained 9 assistant Instructors.
- Sharon has 40 years experience riding, competing (National Level), teaching and utilising a cross variety of methods.
- Sharon is an Internationally qualified Equine Trigger Point Myotherapist and the Creator of Holistic Horse Solutions Course. www.holistichorsesolutions.com is certified with the International Institute for Combined Therapies. The constant and future ongoing research for this course ensures that Sharon stays up to date with her Equine knowledge base. This means that students have access to the most up to date and new learning in the Equine Industry World Wide.
We specialise in:
- Positive reinforcement versus negative reinforcement (negative reinforcement is the traditional method of training animals but not necessarily the approach a lot of people want to take today)
- Beginners and Nervous riders
- Gifted Children
- Horses needing behavioural adjustments for example ones that are difficult to float load, lead, saddle or lunge.
Perhaps you would like to learn about utilising positive reinforcement methods such as clicker training? and or muscle therapy techniques.
Why not combine a lesson with a trail ride or alternate? You could also become one of our FREQUENT RIDERS and enjoy heavily discounted rates!
For more information and enquiries please contact us
When interested in having lessons specific to Holistic Horse Solutions please go to www.holistichorsesolutions.com